Sunday, February 04, 2007

Posting from my first and Only trip abroad!

I chanced upon this while looking for a notebook and I saw these entries in my notebook which I had temporarily converted into a diary on my trip to the US more than three years ago:
8th November 2003
So! This is my first flight out of the country. I knew this would happen. All in good time eh!But I never fretted much about it. Just that little push that was definitely required! And how has it been till now? I have already crossed into the DAY OF THE FLIGHT. 8-Nov-2003- Morning 1:20 am approx. Getting the boarding pass was faiirly easy. I made Benny pay 50 bucks just to get inside that tiny enclosure! Then in the queue for BP I made friends with a girl-I think her name is Apar-not quite sure-she's from Manipur-currently in Mumbai-Going for a job in the SHIP! Wonder how that will be? Then I exchanged some of my money made it into foreign currency! 1000 -no 900 bucks = 17$. If I had 10Rs more... Yay! Made it to Frankfurt. The journey was fabulous especially since the french couple (I think) who were troubling me were finally shown that they were in the wrong queueand had to move to another one from where they could no longer shovel or pummel me! I met Aphang again at the security check and also met with anotherguy who is supposed to be joining the same STAR Cruise as her. Anyway after thesecurity check the plane is boarding was called out at nearly 3:25 am. My seat44K, Zone 2 - whatever that means. I was sitting next to an old guy and a slightly older guy. First hour spent in waiting forplane to take off.The plane finally took off at 4:25 am.I took another hour to figure out things as they were and just raise myself from the daze of being on a flight out of my own country leaving my very own husbandand family behind.Somehow I just wanted to go back to my own bed and go to sleep.

10th Nov 2003I have been so overwhelmed that i haven't written since leaving Frankfurt.Actually BEFORE leaving Frankfurt. Now! what did I actually do there? First I looked at the counter where everyone fromflight 757(well-not every one) was queuing up(maybe not anyone from flight 757) but definetly people were queued up.Then I saw Aphang - she was with her friends. i asked her what the queue was for-she told me she didn't knoe-so she was standing kinda out of it. She told meshe was nearly puking. I wasn't! Well then I went to an empty counter. The girlthere immediately got to know I was a (Bindu in wonderland).Neway I simply askedher-what next? after showing her the ticket. She said - your gate number is B25This is B26- so go upstairs by the elevator t's to the left.-after that...Ifollowed her word to word! Well I nearly tripped on the elevator you know-what with the fancy shoes and me feeling like a fuzzy bag. Yahoo! I can read directionsI reached B26 w/o any help other than my own sensory organs(actually i did needa wee bit of help but I figured it out before I saw the security walli vigorouslynodding her head at me. I was heading for the place where the security officials are supposed to go! ) So anyway i went to the passenger entrance to B26 and the guysaid -"That's the way down madam"-pointing behind him. "But your flight is in sixhours. Why don't you come back in an hour? OK?!"OK! So atleast I know some of the territory. I headed back. Better sit down.But around me -next to B26 people were literally sitting down! All the seats hadbeen occupied and many of my countrymen were squatting on the ground with kidsbaggage et all! That1 raised my blood pressure and I'll tell you why- See I waswearing these Red Tape -ankle length boots. And I had this new pair of jeans and the new sweater and top and I was lookingmedium hot-you know? Fat no plump and medium hot! The kind that is enough for lady airport officials to treat you rudely and men airport officials to have that extra (Chance Maro!) smile and I was feeling kinda confident because of that! Now! If I had to squat right now because of lack of seat space at Frankfurt International connecting Airport- I would lose it! & I couldn't lose my confidence now! It was only this confidence that was preventing me from getting into the LADIES room and staying there for the next 5and 1/2 hrs as opposed to the 1 and 1/2 hours I had spent in the name of grooming and looing!Well anyway! I wanted furthur on and Thank God!- there was a seat!

There are entries on 11th Nov as well but most of it is unpublishable as there is no way i can rehash it -make it more publishable and not cut out the humour:-(

2 Comments:

Blogger Ritesh said...

do u have any photo of u in that red-tape shoes, jeans and the new top.
cos we really want to see a "medium" hot sreeja with people around trying to patao her :)

u didnt mention any hunk coming over to talk to you. dont tell me it didnt happen!!!!

12:32 AM  
Blogger Hiten Sethaliya said...

From where do you get all those perfect fitting words... your vocab is indeed like SaasBhiKabhiBahuThi type serials... never ending. Nice writeup and presentation impressable...
I would like to be hooked in for your experience in US...

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home